Certifications and Awards
We have achieved numerous certifications and awards including:
- Certification by the British Standards Institute (BSI) for the ISO9001 quality standard
- Our extinguisher maintenance operation and engineers are certified by BAFE, the UK’s certification body
- Compliant with CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) and listed in the CHAS scheme database. This confirms our Health and Safety Systems and Policies conform to current legislation and gives all of our customers peace of mind when considering us for any contracts.
- Certification as an Investors in People organisation and recognised as a disability friendly employer, we have been awarded the ‘Two Ticks’ disability symbol
- In 2009 we won the GoAward for Public Procurement Excellence and the Lincolnshire Business Award for Customer Care
- In 2010 we finished as finalists in the Lincolnshire Business Award for Customer Care
- In 2011 we were finalists for the Customer Care Award of the UK Warehousing Association
We have signed up to Valpak's WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Distributor Take-Back Scheme (Registration ID: 7370). Private households can therefore drop off their electronic and electrical fire safety waste at their municipal recycling centre when they purchase new products from us. To find your nearest recycling centre, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk
We also offer responsible recycling of fire extinguishers for a small fee of £2.50 ex VAT per extinguisher.
Safelincs is a registered ‘UK Battery Producer’ and contributes as such to
a disposal/recycling service for used portable batteries at your local recycling centre. Our licence number with BatteryBack Plc is BPRN00607
We work actively on minimising our impact on the environment. We use 100% Renewable Energy and create new packaging materials through the recycling and re-manufacturing of our old packaging.
Important Company Details
Safelincs Ltd Registration Number (England and Wales)
GB 827 6397 88
Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S Number:
Our Role within the Fire Safety Industry
We are stakeholders in the government’s Fire Kills campaign and are actively working with them to promote good fire safety practices and improve the general awareness about the dangers of fire and how it can be prevented.
We sponsor a number of organisations working on the improvement of public fire safety awareness including www.fireservice.co.uk and www.firesafe.org.uk
Safelincs is the UK’s most progressive and customer focused fire safety manufacturer and provider. Offering over 3500 products and services in the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy and the USA. A winner of several customer care awards, Safelincs prides itself on its total commitment to customer satisfaction.
The Saffold ladder has been designed and developed by Safelincs in response growing demand in the marketplace for a low profile permanent fire escape solution.
The ladder is manufactured in the UK and has been certified to BS EN 131-2:1993 by SGS.